Finish Chap 5 in Vidal and take notes.
Analyze the excerpts from Washington's farewell address. Your analysis should include:
a) Central ideas
- What does the authors want you to know, think, and believe?
- What's the main idea?
- Who is the intended audience? How can you tell?
- What are some direct lines and words that you feel best illustrate the central ideas? Why?
- What events may have impacted the author?
- How is this a reflection of the historical time period?
- How does this help you answer the EQ?
d) What shocked, impressed, or inspired you about this document? Why?