Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Democratizing Twentieth Century - Homework Due - Wed, Jan 7

Read Zinn 382 - 387

1 - Identify: Marcus Garvey

2 - Discuss Zinn's critique of the characterization of the 1920s as a "Jazz Age" or "Roaring."
What evidence does he provide to challenge such characterizations?

3 - Analyze and interpret the F. Scott Fitzgerald and Sinclair Lewis excerpts.

4 - Identify: Fiorello La Guardia

5 - What was the Mellon Plan? Why was it supported by some and criticized by others?

6 - Discuss the labor struggles during the 1920s. What connections can you make between Zinn's discussion/analysis of the said struggles and the Labor Movement/Why Then? web in your notebook?

**Some of you still owe me a WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE ESSAY. I said that Friday was the last possible day to submit. I realize you have exhibitions due on Monday. While this is not my problem, I can allow you to have until next Wednesday. All papers will be reduced by 10 points. 

No comments: